May was a somewhat turbulent month for me emotionally… I finally stopped posting on Sweet Violet Bride – the blog that consumed all of my time and energy for the last four years but wasn’t turning a profit as I’d hoped. As an entrepreneur it can be so hard to know when to end something. I didn’t want to admit defeat, but as J.K. Rowling said, “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.”
I have had to be very brave this month, not only to shelve something I had such big dreams for, but to put myself out there for the next dream… I am now working full time on Violette & Iris, for which I am really excited about! Still, I have days recently when I’ve felt completely lost and discouraged. Normal, yes, but it isn’t easy creating a life you love. Any entrepreneurs reading this know what I mean? #girlboss
I’ve also been working toward a certification in the art of botanical perfume over the past few months…which I am really, really excited about. But more on that in a later post 😉 You’re here today to see my favorites from the month of May! Without further ado…
1) I know what you’re thinking… didn’t she have that cocokind serum in her last monthly favorites? Yes, I did. I’ve continued to use it through the month of May and love it SO much I just had to mention it again. You can read all about it here.
2) Garden Goddess Organics Facial Natural Sunscreen SPF 30 – I discovered this through last month’s Vegan Cuts beauty box and have used it quite a bit already! It is a thick formula (light beige color) that really blends into skin and actually acts as an amazing base for concealer etc. I found it to be long lasting, non-irritating and non-greasy. It is reef-safe, non-nano, biodegradable, paraben-free, non-GMO, and also contains some nice anti-aging ingredients.
3) Julep eyeshadow 101 creme-to-powder stick in warm gold shimmer – I am such a sucker for gold eyeshadow. This one is a gorgeous true warm gold with plenty of light-catching shimmer. It comes in a convenient twist up tube and the other end has a cap concealing a blending sponge tip (though I typically just use my fingers). It is effortless to apply and I love it for a simple and quick way to brighten my simple everyday look. P.S. You can Pre-Pay for 3 Months of Maven and save.
4) Board and Batten Calming Lift – I just unboxed this from the May Goodbeing box and haven’t been able to stop using this for 2 weeks straight. LOVE. You can read more about it here.
5) Julep 5-free vegan polish in Regina – I got this in my May Julep maven box, and had to include it here! This is one of my favorite purple shades yet from Julep. It perfectly matched the tulips I had on my desk when I first got it! It is a micro shimmer with iridescent blues and pinks. It is super pretty in 1 coat as it is slightly sheer and reminiscent of gossamer wings…or even more vibrant in 2 coats.
6) Lastly, Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche in the shade Taro – This the perfect purple lipstick I’ve been waiting for, for years. I just swatched this and several others in my previous post.
Violas are in full bloom in my little deck garden! I grow them in small barrels and pots. I hope you enjoyed these favorites. And as always I’d love to hear what you’re loving lately! xo – Naomi*DisclaimerThis post includes affiliate links. I did not receive compensation for this post and all opinions are always my own.