It’s been a few months since I did an empties post! This one is all skincare and hair care. If you aren’t familiar with ’empties’ it simply stuff I’ve used up, and by then I have a pretty good idea of how I like the products, or not. It’s quite satisfying to completely finish a product – though a couple of these were sample/travel size so I got through those in less time. Read on to see what I think of these seven!
1) Eminence Organics Herbal Make-Up Remover: Overall this was a great eye makeup remover. It uses cucumber, lavender, calendula and chamomile to gently soothe sensitive eyes and did a decent job of removing non-waterproof eye makeup with a cotton pad. I love that the pump soaks the cotton pad with just 2 pumps and how gentle it is. However, though there is nothing wrong with this one, I still like my Caudalie Makeup Removing Cleansing Water a little bit more.
2) VERB Detangle + Defrizz Conditioning Leave-In Mist: I LOVE this stuff. I even added a tiny bit of water to it when it was getting super low just to extend it another week. If you have wavy to curly hair, or simply hair that craves moisture then you will love this. It really helps me to manage and detangle my long hair. It helps smooth without weighing down and keeps the ends of my hair in much better shape. I spray it all through my ends when damp before combing through. I’m addicted to this product.
3) Eminence Organics Sweet Red Rose Cleanser: This was a .5 oz sample as part of the Rose Collection Tube, which I’d highly recommend trying if you’re interested in their rose products. Such a cute little set. The Sweet Red Rose Cleanser is a cleansing milk and so felt very different than a foaming cleanser…kind of like washing your face with a lotion. It was very gentle, smelled lovely, and was very hydrating. Definitely needed to use an exfoliant more often when using this though as it was almost…dare I say, too gentle?
4) Nubian Heritage Indian Hemp & Haitian Vetiver with Neem Oil Body Wash: This was a 3 fl oz. travel size but I was able to get like maybe 10 uses out of it. I really enjoyed this. It was creamy, smelled clean and calming and left my skin soft. It has a high content of hemp seed oil, Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, shea butter, and neem oil.
5) Eminence Organics Strawberry Rhubarb Hyaluronic Serum: Wow…lots of Eminence in this post. I actually finished this a long time ago…like in March?, but just now found the bottle. I raved about it in my September 2014 favorites and still think this is one of the best serums ever!
6) Hugo Naturals Shower Gel in Vanilla & Sweet Orange: This was a 2 fl oz. travel size and like the Nubian Heritage one I got this in a Yuzen box. I loved that the scent of this was very light and gentle. I liked the formula, sudsy, yet free of harsh chemicals, petroleum agents or artificial ingredients, and since the full size is under $10 I’d definitely get again or try some of their other scents.
7) Acure Organics Straightening Conditioner: This contains Brazilian Keratin, coconut water, and Marula Oil. My hair soaks up as much moisture as I can give it and this was a great conditioner overall. I hardly ever straighten my hair anymore, and rarely blow dry it but it worked great on my long wavy/curly fine hair. Haven’t met an Acure hair product I didn’t like yet.
I hope you enjoyed and found this useful in some way. If you’ve tried any of these products I’d love to know what you thought. And if you’ve recently finished a product let me know about it in the comments below 🙂 xo – Naomi