Hello, everyone! Did you all have a lovely summer solstice? I picked a bunch of wildflowers on the first day of summer and created a fun project with them (details on that soon!). Today, I have an exciting unboxing to share with you! The Yuzen Summer 2015 box is FULL of amazing natural skincare items.
Their subscription box packaging has changed a bit from when I posted about their spring box. In an effort to be a bit more eco-friendly they have a new outer box and no inside box.
I like the new packaging and even though the inner box was a really nice box, and is nice for gifting (their gift box option still comes with the same inner box), this is definitely more eco-friendly for the seasonal subscription. It was easy to open, still had their pretty blue flower logo printed on it and still got me just as excited when I saw it in the mail.
Upon opening this season’s box you see pretty lavender tissue paper and a downright gorgeous yuzen paper strip (I’ve been using these for bookmarks, by the way). I’ve had an obsession with paper my entire life so I treasure these and I hope that the team at Yuzen thinks about making a little special edition set of journals or something with yuzen paper covers in the future. I’d be all over that.
Inside the box is quite the selection of goodies! I calculated that this is about $44 worth of products for $33. And once again, I’ve been introduced to products here that I wouldn’t have known about otherwise. So its well worth it! Plus, on the list of info about all the products that was in the box, are coupon codes for 7 of the 9 items here. Major bonus.
• Shea Moisture Zanzibar Marine Complex Replenish & Rejuvenate Hand Cream (first impression: creamy and smells SO good!)
• Sample of Aromaflage Botanical Fragrance & Insect Repellent (can’t wait to try this out!)
• Sample of Jurlique Purely Age-Defying Firming and Tightening Serum
• Sample of Suntegrity 5-in-1 Natural Moisturizing Face Sunscreen with SPF 30 (got it in ‘fair’ and can’t wait to try! Looks great)
• SpaRitual Mini Nail Lacquer in ‘Strike a Pose’ (LOVE)
• HUGO Naturals Vanilla and Sweet Orange Shower Gel (smells very delicate and not overpowering, very excited to try)
• Aromafloria Muscle Soak Ocean Mineral Bath Salts in ‘Eucalyptus / Peppermint / Lemongrass’ (looks to be enough for 1-2 baths, very aromatic and will be great for relaxing and clearing the sinuses)
• Lasting Smiles Organic Peppermint Creme Lip Balm (tried it, love it. Smooth, hydrating, classic.)
• Torie & Howard Meyer Lemon & Raspberry Organic Hard Candy (super impressed by these! Delicious and such a cute tin).
That’s a pretty great box if you ask me! If you’re wondering what their gift box option looks like, which is a one-time box that you can have sent to a friend, keep reading because they kindly sent me one of those to show you also!
This is the kind of box that the subscriptions used to come in also. When you gift a Yuzen box it is $36 and I think they change up what’s inside these seasonally as well. This one has lime green tissue paper and a matte finish red floral yuzen paper.
Inside, are 8 gorgeous products which I estimated to total about $60-$65 in retail value. This is such a great gift for girlfriends, mom’s, bridesmaids etc. Anyone who could use a little pampering!
• SpaRitual Cuti-Cocktail Pen & Pusher (a useful little tool to keep cuticles in check!)
• Sample of Jurlique Herbal Recovery Eye Cream
• Sample of Acure Organics Brightening Facial Scrub (this is a good sized sample and I love this brand!)
• Sample of Sranrom Urban Wellness Calm Down Hand Cream (already in love with this scent from 100% essential oils of lemongrass and kaffir lime!)
•Sample of Cowgirl Extreme C Serum (the full size is $72! so this is a great sample!)
•Full size Zents Mandarin Soap
•Salus Shower Bomb in Lemongrass (I’ve never tried a shower bomb! Excited to try!)
•Sencha Naturals Pink Dragonfruit Mints (I’ve been popping these everyday since I opened this a week ago. Absolutely obsessed!)
So those are the summer boxes from Yuzen! This was kind of a long post, but I just had to show you everything. Yuzen is fast becoming one of my favorite subscription boxes. They seem to consistently deliver zen-quality spa products to help you relax and have joyful moments. Have you tried Yuzen? I’d love to hear about it! xo – Naomi*DisclaimerThis post includes some free samples but I do not receive compensation for these posts and I would not be reviewing and recommending these products if I didn't absolutely love them. All opinions are always my own.